New Tournament rules have been announced, and there are some fairly big changes:
- Acrylic Bomb and obstacle tokens are only tourney legal if from FFG – presumably a size concern?
- A tournament round’s length varies depending on the
type of round.
- Swiss Rounds: 75 minutes each
- Single Elimination Rounds (except Final): 75 minutes each
- Final Single Elimination Round: 120 minutes
- If both players have the same score at the end of a game, they must fire a Final Salvo to determine the winner. Draws are now eliminated due to “final salvo” which rewards having more attack dice(so swarms are now better than smaller squads)
- Players now earn tournament points as follows:
- Win = 1 tournament points
- Loss = 0 tournament points
My concern is final salvo. Things like the Outrider and Punishing One Title become meaningless, and as for HWK-290?
I’ll be updating the maths behind the league tables to incorporate the changes.